When was the last time you conducted a digital marketing review for your business? This year? Back in 2022? Never?
If you’ve not looked at your digital marketing landscape for a while, then it’s time to conduct a digital marketing review. You’ll be glad you did…
What is a Digital Marketing Review?
A digital marketing review is a broad assessment of your overall online presence and wider marketing efforts. It encompasses a number of aspects of your digital marketing strategy, including:
- Website: Design, functionality, user experience, and content.
- SEO: Search engine optimization efforts, keyword rankings, and organic traffic.
- PPC: Paid advertising campaigns, ad spend, and conversion rates.
- Social Media: Engagement, audience demographics, and brand sentiment.
A digital marketing review typically involves a combination of data analysis, competitor research, and expert insights. The goal is to identify areas where your digital marketing efforts are effective and areas where they need improvement. Understanding your situation helps you to identify strengths weaknesses, opportunities and threats, and tailor your digital marketing strategy accordingly.
What’s the Difference Between a Digital Marketing Review and an SEO (Search Engine Optimization) or Website Review?
An SEO review is a high-level assessment of your SEO performance. It focuses on the aspects of your website and content that affect your performance in organic search. Typically, it looks at:
- Reviewing Website Analytics: Organic traffic, keyword rankings, and conversions.
- Keyword Analysis: Identifying top, underperforming, and alternative keywords.
- Website SEO health: Looking at your site’s overall health for optimal performance.
A website review looks at your website’s overall design, function, and the user experience. A typical website review will look at your:
- Design: Everything from your visuals to usability and brand.
- Functionality: Your navigation, responsiveness, and accessibility are analysed.
- Content: The scope, quality, and relevance of your website content.
- Performance: Site speed, load times, any errors in your website?
Digital Marketing Review
A digital marketing review is a broader look at your business’ digital marketing footprint. In this we look at aspects that can include elements of both an SEO and website review but also take into account your other digital marketing channels, assets, and performance.
As mentioned previously, it looks at your company’s website, SEO, PPC (Pay Per Click), and social media health. Knowing where you are with your current digital marketing performance helps to formalise a solid digital marketing strategy that can take your organisation to new levels of visibility, engagement and sales.
And What Are the Benefits?
Without a review, your firm could be left behind in the fast-moving world of digital marketing. The benefits of assessing your current posture in the grand scheme of things is vital, and can include:
- Gain a competitive edge: Differentiate your business from the competition, stay ahead, and ride the emerging trends for an unfair competitive advantage.
- Navigate the crowded digital landscape: The digital world never stands still, so positioning your organisation with new perspectives puts your firm in a place of strength.
- Set your business apart: A comprehensive review can identify USPs that you can develop into a strategy to push these differentiators to your target audience.
- Business success: Effective digital marketing is a crucial aspect of overall business success. Analysing and developing your strategy can increase traffic and generate more leads.
- Recognise challenges: Regular reviews will help your organisation identify areas that you can develop clear pathways to resolve.
- Improve online marketing efforts: With a professional digital marketing review your business will improve its online marketing, again leading to more visibility, visits, engagement, and sales.
- Alignment with business objectives: It’s crucial that organisations align marketing strategy with business goals, and your review will help deliver both.
There are many more benefits to be achieved from conducting a digital marketing review. From improved brand awareness, visibility, reputation, and loyalty, to the philosophy and practice of continuous improvement and fostering a culture of development and innovation.
Whatever your position on digital marketing, a comprehensive review can be a real eye opener. If you’d like to explore the possibilities, speak to your digital marketing agency and arrange an appointment.
Clever Marketing is a full-service digital marketing agency serving London and the home counties, offering Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Pay Per Click (PPC), and website design services plus more.
For your own digital marketing review, call us on 01276 402 381 and we’ll be happy to discuss.