Clever Marketing is a full-service digital marketing agency, based in Farnborough. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a midweight experienced WordPress web developer to join our team. You will play a key role in the company, working in a fast-paced agency environment. You will provide expert guidance on the overall look, feel and functionality of our ever-growing website projects and be instrumental in everything from concept to build. You will work on both existing client websites adding new functionality, as well as building new websites.
Experienced in the design and development of stunning websites that are intuitive and easy to navigate. A full understanding of UX and UI best practice is essential to help drive website conversions.
The Role will include:
- Own the visual identity, design stage, build and deployment of websites.
- Mobile, tablet and desktop responsive website creation.
- Produce bespoke WordPress sites for both B2B and B2C clients.
- Create website architecture to generate new features and plugins, custom functionality, and custom themes.
- Optimise websites for maximum speed and scalability.
- Conduct regular website performance tests and troubleshoot content issues.
- Collaborate with in-house creatives and digital team.
- Streamline web design and development practices to optimise project delivery times.
- Regular maintenance of our current portfolio of websites.
- Take part in internal team meetings focusing on website creation and content.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a WordPress developer.
- Agency experience not essential but would be beneficial.
- In-depth knowledge of WordPress, custom fields, custom taxonomies, plug-ins.
- Experience with speed optimisation, mobile development, bespoke theme development, WP Builders – Bakery, Elementor.
- Good trouble-shooting skills.
- Excellent skills in producing landing pages.
- Proficiency in wire-framing tools and site maps.
- UX experience is essential.
- PHP desirable.
- Experience in third party hosting platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- SEO experience.
- The ability to use Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, and understanding of CRO would be desirable but not essential.
- The ability to use other software packages, such as MOZ, SEMrush would be desirable but not essential.
- Up to date with the latest web trends and technologies.
- A team player as this position will be split between working from home and the office.
To apply for this role please send a covering note and attach your CV to email@example.com with the subject line: Application for Midweight WordPress developer
Closing date for applications: 31st July 2021